Sunday, January 30, 2011

Headset Ps3 Bluetrek Tattoo

"You can improve public health through creativity"

VICKY Viel Temperley

The death of a child victim of cancer, was to give dignity to the dead time of chemotherapy in the Hospital. Thus, in their space, "Where I want to be" patient zero cost make art.

By Laura Di Marco














01






Seeing her smile and skipping through the halls of the Hospital, Vicky Viel Temperley-creator of an innovative program to chronic patients, "invented" after his personal tragedy does not seem what it is: a woman who, after going through a wrenching pain, managed to turn that experience extreme healing for others. And, incidentally, also for herself.

For this path of transformation, managed to improve the quality care of cancer patients in a public hospital, with almost zero cost. This is the program I want to be "currently works in the clinic and hospital in Tigre.

began to develop in 2006, particularly in a dark room, the patients on chemotherapy session. Then it spread to the attention of the doctors themselves, often attacked by the so-called burnout syndrome or the "burnt", and calls the erosion caused by the health workers exhausting the combo guards, dying patients and end the pain 24 hours, and soon, will be implemented in another area of \u200b\u200bhealing feared: the area of \u200b\u200bchronic hemodialysis patients.

However, hyperkinetic profession of this young woman has nothing to do with oncology or with hospitals. She teaches gymnastics and psycho instructor for delivery. But one day, life or destiny made her familiar world, with husband and six children, turn around like a glove.

- What is the health program and how did you invented?
-arose from the death of my son James, when he detected a brain tumor at age 15 in 2000. There I began learn what no mother wants to learn: to assist. I remember all that I "looked" were her feet, and that's when I realized that, through his feet, he could reach his soul. Unconsciously he was what today we call reflexology: therapeutic foot massage. I also understood that a session of chemotherapy, three or four hours is a time-out and full of dark thoughts. It was in those terrible hours that began to take shape that exists today: a creativity workshop in the chemo room, where patients, or rather, the artist-painted with the arm that remains free. I took pictures, makeup, they practice reflexology, do body work and, slowly, it will be a support group. Before there was this program, many people, after the first meeting, would not come over because the treatment is very brave. Torture. But with this proposal, even come with enthusiasm.

- Why did you choose to develop chemotherapy?
"I do not choose, it was given. When my son died, I was a pain so great that one of the things that came out was creativity. Psycho invented a program for pregnant women at high risk. One afternoon I had to come to pick up a friend at the Clinics. My friend and I was delayed, so hyperkinetic I am, I can not wait 40 minutes in the car. Then I took my proposal to psycho-which for me was a word that applied only to birth-and went to the department head. Then I said, "Look, what I offer is to work in psycho-oncology service. Think it and call me. " So it all started.

immeasurable pain led her to do unthinkable things. He composed and recorded songs for Santiago and won a contest with a book of poems he wrote from the wound. But his encounter with the disease does not stop there.

is the daughter of cult poet Héctor Viel Temperley, who, legend, was discovered by Fogwill. They say it's for him, Fogwill, which Viel was idolized by at least two generations of young people as a result of his artworks, as many British Hospital. This is Vicky's dad also died of cancer, a topic that is in that work. The same disease that killed one of their brothers and attacked her husband, Diego de San Martín, now passing the disease.

Hence, its strength, or resilience, the ability to emerge stronger from the adversity-leaving anyone dumb.

- What do you think that connects this family history and the program created?
"I guess the fact that suffered so many cases in my own family does not exist someone who cure a healthy person, say, and a patient. Here we all heal. When I started the program, I needed many "pampering" and patients. Healing is mutual.

- How did the idea that the artist-patients paint a picture?
"First, when I started the program, I had no idea what I was doing. I called my daughter and started taking photographs. I measured the distance from one bed to another to see if we could do gymnastics during the session. The photos led to makeup. But none of that transcended. One day came the paint and woman made a picture with the hills of Cordoba. What he called "Where I want to be."

-addition to the development of creativity, does physical healing effects?
"Look, the day I arrived they were all sleeping patients, in silence. Today, the room is full of colors, music, we laughed and scared all those negative thoughts that do not work to recover. The chemotherapy goes into the background, and they become protagonists are artists and their works. The results amaze doctors.

- Why?
"Because when you change the focus, reduces anxiety and feel better. This is an art studio! And that joy reduce side effects. The key is that if there is a lot of muscle tension (what happens when a patient has spent hours, thinking), the drip stops. With this program, the opposite happens.

- And how to finance inputs, material, brushes?
"Very easy: the schools, especially the upper middle class, have social assistance programs. With them we have so that we donate the paint material. We are also making a covenant with the art schools to come and paint with the students.

"It seems something powerful and simple.
"Just put your heart can help many people. Pharaonic plans are not required to improve public health. Sometimes, just a little creativity and love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment